Vision, Mission, Objectives & Targets
"Brighter and prosperous Nepal through the sustainable hydropower generation harnessing the country's available water resources with the competent public sector"
- Capacity building of Public sector in hydropower development for sustainable economic growth of the country;
- Completion of the hydropower projects of desired quality within the stipulated time by the estimated cost;
- Supply of reliable energy in Integrated National Power System (INPS) by the early completion of the project;
- Complete the 20MW capacity Budhiganga hydropower project, located in Achham district of specified standards within 2025 by the estimated cost.
- Develop 132KV transmission line from Budhiganga to Pahalmanpur (85km) to evacuate the power developed; this line may also used to evacuate the power developed by the private sector in this region.
- Capacity building of the public sector in hydropower generation as well as in regulation and monitoring activities learning from this project and implement larger projects successively.
- To open up the economic activities and other development program in integrated manner with this project, achieving the regional balance in development of far western region.
- Completion of the preconstruction activities including detailed design and environmental study by 2017
- Completion of the main construction activities (Civil, electromechanical and hydromechanical works) of the project by 2025.
- Completion of the 85km long 132kV double-circuit transmission line from Budhiganga to Pahalmanpur by 2025.